Insurance Quality
Interest Rate

If you are planning to buy a car from this dealership then DON’T.On 12th July 2016 I purchased a Ford KA from Surrey First Cars, after having the vehicle for two days I had noticed that the wheels were unbalanced, this is not a serious problem so I took it to my local tyre garage to get them balanced only to find out that the locking wheel nut was missing (this was strange as the KA had brand new front brake disc pads), we also discovered that the items that were supposed to be in the boot if the car had a puncture were missing also.

I spoke with Zach and he said to come to the garage and they would sort it out after I clearly said I will not be paying for this. 19th July (5 days after having the vehicle) the air conditioning stopped working and was blowing out hot air. 20th July my dad and I went to the garage, Zach was not working and hadn’t told his colleague that we would be coming in to get the problems sorted. Surprise surprise he could not find the unlocking key.

However he did say if I rang up Ford and gave them my license plate then they would be able to provide me with a replacement unlocking key and shouldn’t cost more than £15. He also spoke to Zach on the phone and apparently now there would be a charge to balance the wheels despite the previous week Zach stating there wouldn’t. 21st July I rang up local Ford Garage and the helpful mechanic said that there should be an 8 digits number on a white card found in the handbook wallet in the car however we didn’t have this despite the advert clearly saying that the KA came with FULL service history, it didn’t. Everything had been stripped from the car.

So my option was to *** the existing wheel nuts and change them to universal ones (making my alloys more vulnerable to theft) this would also cost me over £100. I sent Zach a text to say I’m not prepared to pay this cost and I expect them to reimburse me for the costs’. He said he will talk to the guys leave it with me. Later that day I received another text to said ‘being honest they can’t find it…just go to the garage and get them taken out and save yourself 50 quid!

22nd July On the way home from work, my car had a serious overheating issue, with the thermostat showing a reading of higher than the meter, red light come on and a message saying turn your car engine off immediately. My partner messaged Zach to say we are rejecting (As all these problems happened within 30 days of purchasing the car) the car with a list of all the problems. Zach says he needs to speak with his boss and he will get back to us. 23rd July No reply from Zach Monday 25tH July My partner tries to call Zach numerous of times this day and no answer, Zach finally responds and says that he is busy and he will call him back.

He doesn’t call Justin back. I call ‘Consumer Advice’ who take calls on behalf of the trading standards regarding the KA and they have gave me some steps to take and the first one was to make sure you have rejected the vehicle in writing, email/recorded letter (I asked about the message we sent Zach and they said that’s fine) but also do either of the other two forms of communication. Wednesday 27th July I send a letter first class recorded delivery to the garage site address to say that I am rejecting the vehicle Thursday 28th July The letter was rejected and refused to sign for, I then send another letter to the directors home address, I ring Zach a few times to see what is happening, and he replies to say that myself and my partner are hassling him. I message him to ask him for the V5 document, but it appears he has blocked my number Friday 30th July My letter to the director at his home address was also refused Monday 1st August Myself and my partner drove to the garage address to hand deliver the letter and ask to see the boss.

A man (who we believe is the boss) says that the boss will not be on site until 5:30/6pm. So we wait until 5:45pm and ask the man if the boss (who we get told is called Eddie) is around, he says Eddie will not be in today. We then give the man the letter (all on video evidence) tell him what happening, he reads some of the letter and we left it as the boss will give us a call the following day. The atmosphere grew very hostile as the garage and the land the garage is on is unwelcoming to say the least!

Tuesday 2nd August The next day came, and no phone call. I rang the office to ask the boss’ name and I got told it was Marius Wednesday 3rd August Asked to speak with Marius and I get told he isn’t in, ask when he is next in and the guy on the phone said that he isn’t sure when he’ll be back in the country. I then get a court order in place to get bailiffs involved, however they are unable to seize anything to my vehicles value as no vehicles on the site are in the names of the company nor the director apart from some old tatty desks. Please please please stay away from this rouge dealership and go elsewhere.

I am now left with a vehicle I do not want and can’t sell for the value I bought it from as it doesn’t have any service history.I managed to ring the old owner of the vehicle after finally receiving the V5 document and he had told me that the vehicle had brand new tyres, all service history, brand new mats the lot but unfortunately this dealership has stripped the contents bare.

I didn't like: Car has many issues.

Had an Experience with Surrey First Cars?

Comments